Our half day course is an introductory four hour session to raise awareness of mental health.
It is designed to give:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. Our in-house trainers are fully qualified and affiliated MHFA instructors.
Everyone who completes the course gets a manual to refer to whenever they need it, a workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health, and a certificate of attendance to say they are Mental Health Aware.
The course will cover:
- What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Mental health conditions including depression, anxiety disorders, psychosis, eating disorders, suicide and self-harm
- Take 10 Together - starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources
Refreshments will be provided during the workshop. Please note that this course requires a minimum of 8 attendees to be able to run. We will email you a copy of our cancellation policy upon booking your place(s).
For any further enquiries, or to find out about our group booking discounts or personalised training packages, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.