Our two day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider
Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. Our in-house trainers are fully qualified and affiliated MHFA instructors.
Everyone who completes the course gets an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it, and a certificate to say they are a Mental Health First Aider.
The course will cover:
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- In-depth knowledge into depression, anxiety, psychosis, self-harm, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and eating disorders.
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- Self-care including cognitive distortions and CBT
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
Hot and cold drinks will be provided for the duration of the training course. However, all delegates must bring their own lunch and snacks for both days. Please note that this course requires a minimum of 8 attendees to be able to run. We will email you a copy of our cancellation policy upon booking your place(s).
For any further enquiries, or to find out about our group booking discounts or personalised training packages, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.