Our 1 day mental health awareness and skills course qualifies you as an MHFA Champion and you will receive a certificate upon completion of the course. This is our most popular work-based course.
MHFA Champions have:
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, the course is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. Our in-house trainers are fully qualified and affiliated MHFA instructors.
Everyone who completes the course gets an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it, and a certificate to say they are an MHFA Champion. You’ll also get a copy of the Line Managers' Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health.
The course will cover:
- Mental Health First Aid
- Mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- How to listen and communicate non-judgementally
- How to give support and information
- How to encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
Refreshments will be provided throughout the day including a sandwich lunch. Please note that this course requires a minimum of 8 attendees to be able to run. We will email you a copy of our cancellation policy upon booking your place(s).
For any further enquiries, or to find out about our group booking discounts or personalised training packages, please contact email@example.com.
FURTHER DATES WILL BE ADDED TO THIS EVENT BOOKING PAGE ON A MONTHLY BASIS