Our 2-day accredited MHFA course qualifies you as an official "Mental Health First Aider"
Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Through a mix of presentations and group discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Everyone who completes the course gets an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it, and a certificate to say they are a Mental Health First Aider.
The course will cover:
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- In-depth knowledge into depression, anxiety, psychosis, self-harm, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and eating disorders.
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- Self-care including cognitive distortions and CBT
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
Refreshments will be provided throughout the 2-day training course including drinks and snacks. All delegates must bring their own lunch for both days. Please note that this course requires a minimum of 6 attendees to be able to run and The Works Recruitment have the right to cancel these training courses if 6 or more bookings are not received. In this circumstance, course fees can either be returned in full or transferred to another course date.
For any further enquiries, or to find out about our tailored training courses or training delivered at your own work premises, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
FURTHER DATES WILL BE ADDED TO THIS EVENT BOOKING PAGE ON A MONTHLY BASIS