Our 1 day certified mental health course qualifies you as an "MHFA Champion" and you will receive a certificate & MHFA manual upon completion of the course. This is our most popular work-based course.
MHFA Champions have:
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
The course is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan and our in-house trainer TARA POWELL is a fully qualified and affiliated MHFA instructor.
Everyone who completes the course gets an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it, and a certificate to say they are an MHFA Champion.
The course will cover:
- Mental Health First Aid
- Mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- How to listen and communicate non-judgementally
- How to give support and information
- How to encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
Snacks and drinks will be provided by ourselves during the course, but attendees are asked to bring their own lunch on the day. Please note that this course requires a minimum of 6 attendees to be able to run and The Works Recruitment have the right to cancel these training courses if 6 or more bookings are not received. In this circumstance, course fees can either be returned in full or transferred to another course date.
For any further enquiries, or to find out about our tailored training courses, or training delivered at your own work premises, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
FURTHER DATES WILL BE ADDED TO THIS EVENT BOOKING PAGE ON A MONTHLY BASIS